Buxa Tiger Reserve located at the north-eastern corner of West Bengal established on 16th February 1983. This beautiful tiger reserve irrigated by many rivers and their tributaries. This reserve harbours nearly 300 species of trees, 250 species of shrubs, 130 species of aquatic flora. When it comes to fauna, this reserve is known for the popular Bengal Tiger, leopards, fishing cats, jungle cats, Leopard cats, clouded leopard, elephants, mongoose, wild buffaloes, etc.
The river Rudak and Jainti makes the gateway to many Himalayan migratory birds which is a great opportunity for the bird lovers to capture different bird species.
Buxa Tiger Reserve, Rajabhatkhawa Opening Times:
- Opening Dates – 16 Sep to 14 Jun
- Closing Dates -15th Jun to 15th Sep
- Morning safaris – Starts from 06:00 AM
- Evening safaris – Starts from 3:00 PM
- Note: Every year Buxa Tiger Reserve will be closed during 15th June – 15th September, as the region experiences heavy rains.
Vehicles Allowed at the Buxa Reserve:
- Two-wheelers – Not Allowed
- 4 Wheelers – Allowed
Jungle Safari at Buxa Tiger Reserve:
- Number of Safari Sessions – 2 (Morning Seession& Evening Session)
- Safari Cost – INR 800/- per Vehicle (Prices may update)
- Safari Duration – 03 to 04 Hours eash Safari
- Safari Area- Rajabhatkhawa
For Buxa Jungle Safari Booking Call Tripnetra @ 8500898000, +91 9393939150
Buxa Tiger Reserve Forest Bungalow Booking:
|Room Name||Bed||Bath||Type||Tariff (INR)|
|Bashra-1st Floor (Non-AC)(Unit-1)||4||Non-Attached Bath||Family Room||–|
|Mahagony (Non-AC)(Unit-I)||2||Attached Bath||Ground Floor Room||–|
|Bala-1st Floor (Non-AC)(Unit-1)||2||Attached Bath||Family Room||–|
|Dima -1st Floor(Non-AC)(Unit-1)||4||Attached Bath||Family Room||–|
|Khonjona (Non-AC)(Unit-2)||4||Attached Bath||Gr. Fl. Family Room||–|
|Bontiya (AC)(Unit-2)||2||Attached Bath||Ground Floor Room||–|
|Boshontobouri (AC)(Unit-2)||2||Attached Bath||Ground Floor Room||–|
|Doyel (AC)(Unit-2)||2||Attached Bath||Ground Floor Room||–|
|Finge (AC)(Unit-2)||2||Attached Bath||Ground Floor Room||–|
|Koyel (AC)(Unit-2)||2||Attached Bath||Ground Floor Room||–|
|Koronjiya (AC)(Unit-3)||2||Attached Bath||Room||–|
|Poronjiya (AC)(Unit-3)||2||Attached Bath||Room||–|
|Ruparpatiya (AC)(Unit-3)||2||Attached Bath||Room||–|
|Tilaiya (AC)(Unit-3)||2||Attached Bath||Room||–|
|Note: Prices are tentative WBFDC resort update the prices, hence not mentioned|
Tiger Reserve Booking Procedure
Step 1– Contact Tripnetra @ 8500898000, +91 9393939150
Step 2– Send us a reservation request.
Step 3 – We will check the availability & will send you an Email with the availability information.
Step 4 -Based on the availability, we will book & send you confirmation Email
Tax: 8.4% for Non-AC, 13.4% for AC
WBFDC requires customers to collect the entire tariff and tax at the time of booking.
Step 5 – Send us the following information by e-mail:
- Full Name of the Registering User
- Full address (City, State, Pin Code)
- Mobile No (Working)
- ID proof no (Voter ID/PAN Card/Driving Licence/Aadhaar Card)
- Email Address (Valid)
Step 6 – We will check & we’ll send you WBFDC booking documents. Note: Government photo ID is needed for check-in in any hotel in Bengal.
Tourist places Near Buxa Tiger Reserve:
- Buxa Fort 18 km away from the Tiger reserve
- Jayanti Village 16 km away from the Tiger reserve
- Lepchakha 2 km away from BuxaDuar
- Sikiajhora 15 km away from Rajabhatkhawa
How to Reach Buxa Tiger Reserve, West Bengal?
Bagdogra Airport is the nearest which is 175 km away
New Alipurduar is the nearest rail head which is 20 km away
No direct buses available, One can take private vehicles from Cooch Behar(30 km)
For Booking Buxa Jungle Safari contact Tripnetra @ 8500898000, +91 9393939150