Dashashwamedh Ghat varanasi
Dashashwamedh Ghat – History, Location, Aarti Timings, Ganga Aarti, Boat Ride, Prasad, Specialty, Photography, Nearest Places, How to Reach, Online Booking.
Dashashwamedh Ghat History:
Dasaswamedh Ghat is one of the popular Ghat resided in Varanasi. This sacred Ghat is very close to the Vishwanath Temple. Devotees Visit this Ghat get the holy dip in river Ganges then go to get darshan Lord Vishwanath. According to the legends, this Ghat was been established by Lord Brahma to welcome Lord Shiva. Everyone floats their lamps or Diyas and float in river Ganga and offer prayers. One of the beautiful things at the ghat is watching the aarti via taking a boat ride. The gentle breeze, the beautiful view of the Sunrise or the sunset during the aarti is completely electrifying.
- Brahmin Kids Starts singing Bhajans
- 7 Brahmin Priests perform Ganga Aarti and Puja
- Pass the lit Aarti to everyone
- Priests distribute Prasad among the devotees.
- Note: Reach early to get good spot to watch Ganga Aarti
Dashashwamedh Ghat Aarti Timings:
Ganga Aarti Timings
|Morning||5.30 am to 6.30 am|
|Evening||7.00 pm to 8.00 pm|
|Duration of the Puja||1 Hour (Approx)|
- Free Prasad is been distributed among the devotees after Aarti.
One could enjoy the entire scenario by taking a boat ride along the river Ganges.
|3-4 peoples||Rs 1500/- to Rs 2000/- for entire boat||3 hours|
|1||Rs 200/- per head||for 45 minutes|
- Brahmin Kids who are learning the Vedas at the Ashram sings Bhajans before starting the Aarti
- The priests pass the lit “Aarti” to everyone so that everyone can offer Aarti to river Ganga and pray
- Kasi Vishwanath Temple
- Panchganga Ghat
- Manikarnika Ghat
- Ramnagar Fort
- Sarnath Museum
Dashashwamedh Ghat Location:
Dashashwamedh Ghat Rd,
Ghats of Varanasi, Godowlia,
Uttar Pradesh, India.
How to Reach Dasaswamedh Ghat?
Varanasi Airport is the nearest airport to the Ghat which is 24.7 km away
Varanasi Railway Station is the nearest railway station to the Ghat which is 3.9 km away
Varanasi is well connected with many other major cities; also many private vehicles are easily accessible to the Ghat.