Kashi Nine Gauri Yatra and Darshan Procedure. Darshan Order to be followed in Varanasi
Kashi Nine Gauri Yatra
Goddess Gauri is an incarnation of Goddess Parvati. Goddess Gauri is renowned for being gentle and nurturing. She is extremely beautiful, fair and charming, and in direct contrast to her Goddess Kali incarnation.
The legend says that the Lord Shiva commented on the dark complexion of Goddess Parvati. This upset the Goddess Parvati and she resolved to do penance to get fair complexion. Goddess went to forest, to reduce the disappointment of Lord Shiva, to perform severe austerities. Lord Brahma was immensely pleased with Goddess Parvati’s prayers and granted her boon. Lord Brahma blessed her with a lustrous golden complexion and called her with new name ‘Gauri’. The fair complexion is as golden as Sun and Goddess came to be associated with fertility and purity along with a bountiful harvest. That’s why Goddess Parvati is also known as the Goddess of benevolence, for providing food, nature, beauty, grace on Demons, Sadhus (Saints), common people, Gods, and Earth also.
Kashi is the Holiest of Holy city, where Lord Shiva lives with his consort Goddess Parvati. Goddess Parvati lives with her all incarnations in Kashi.
Darshan of all nine forms Goddess Gauri is possible only in Vasantika Navratri comes in Chaitra month of Hindu Calendar.
Nine Gauri Kashi Yatra Details
- Mukhnirmalika Gauri: Devotee takes her darshan on first day of Chaitra Navratri. The temple of Goddess Mukhnirmalika Gauri is situated in Gai Ghat nearby Machhodari. It is believed that Goddess came with Lord Shiva to Kashi to bless the city women by beauty, fertility, and good luck.
- Jyeshta Gauri: Devotee takes her darshan on second day of Chaitra Navratri.The temple of Goddess Jyestha Gauri is situated in Kashipura (Karnaghanta). It is believed that Goddess accept all kinds of offering from devotees.
- Saubhagya Gauri: Devotee takes her darshan on third day of Chaitra Navratri. The temple of Goddess Saubhagya Gauri is situated inside the Adi Vishwanath Temple in Gyanvapi Area. Here Goddess blessing everyone with good luck, happiness and prosperity.
- Shringar Gauri: Devotee takes her darshan on fourth day of Chaitra Navratri. The temple of Goddess Shringar Gauri is located behind the Gyanvapi Masjid. It opens once in a year. Devotee get bless with all life ethical beautification from Goddess Shringar Gauri.
- Vishalakshi Gauri: Devotee takes her darshan on fifth day of Chaitra Navratri. The temple of Goddess Vishalakshi Gauri is situated in Vishal Tirth of the Dharmakoop area at Mir Ghat. It is believed that the devotee get blessing from Goddess for child to childless family, wealth and healthy life.
- Lalita Gauri: Devotee takes her darshan on sixth day of Chaitra Navratri. The temple of Goddess Lalita Gauri is situated in Lalita Ghat. By worshipping the Goddess Lalita Gauri, every obstacles of life become elegant.
- Bhavani Gauri: Devotee takes her darshan on seventh day of Chaitra Navratri. The temple of Goddess Bhavani Gauri is situated inside the Shri Ram Temple in Vishwanth Galli. Devotees get strength from Goddess to tackle their obstacles.
- Mangala Gauri: Devotee takes her darshan on eighth day of Chaitra Navratri. The temple of Goddess Mangala Gauri is situated in Panchaganga Ghat. Goddess bless her all devotee with all sort of happiness and prosperity.
- Mahalaxmi Gauri: Devotee takes her darshan on ninth day of Chaitra Navratri. The temple of Goddess Mahalaxmi Gauri is situated in Laxmi Kund. It is believed that by worshipping of Goddess Mahalaxmi Gauri, devotee will attain all the siddhis along with the wealth.