Kukke Subramanya Swami
Kukke Subramanya History, Timings, Naga Dosha Pooja details.
Kukke Subramanya Temple History
This temple is dedicated to Lord Subramanya. He is commander-in-chief for the Devas army. River Kumaradhara flows near the temple. It is believed that the Lord Subramanya washed his weapon in the river Kumaradhara after killing Tarakasura. Hence it is considered as holy and gained spiritual powers.
Temple is located on the hills of Kumaragiri. It was called by Kukke Linga, later as Kukke Puram and now it is by Kukke Subramanya. As per the Legends, Subramanya did penance on these hills and installed Siva Linga. It is said that Divine snake Vasuki serves Subramanya Swamy. Temple is known for Ashlesha Bali Pooja, Naga Pratishta and Sarpa Samskara Poojas.
Kukke is one among the seven holy places which were created by Parasurama, an incarnation of Lord Vishnu. Naga Dosha Nivarana Poojas will be performed daily at the temple premises.
Poojas at Kukke will be performed to get rid of Sarpa Dosha, which causes barrenness/infertility, skin diseases, blindness etc.
- One must take bath at Kumaradhara River
- Followed by Pradakshinam and Darshan at Aadi Subramanya Swamy Temple
- Next is Kukke Subramanya Swamy Darshan.
Kukke Subramanya Temple Dress code:
Men: White Pancha, Dhoti/ Normal Pant or Jeans Pant. No Vest or shirt allowed
Female: Saree with blouse/ Punjabi Dress with Dupatta / Chudidhar with Dupatta/ Half saree
How to reach Kukke Subramanya Swami?
- The nearest airport international airport is at Mangalore which is 113 km away
- Temple can be reached from Bangalore and Mangalore. Nearest railway station is at Mangalore which is 103 km.
- The nearest railway station is at Sakleshpur which is 59 km from Kukke.
- The direct bus is available from Mangalore and Bangalore Bus stations to Kukke Temple.
Reference Link: Temple History