Bhadrachalam Kalyanam, History, Timings, Darshan and Route information
Bhadrachalam Temple History
This temple is dedicated to Lord Rama which is located on the banks of the River Godavari. This temple was built by the ardent devotee Tahsildar Kancharla Gopanna in the 17th century.
As per the folklore, Lord Rama long after he had shed his mortal coils manifested himself to save his devotee Bhadra Maharshi whom he promised Moksha for his penance. Hence the village called after Bhadra as Bhadragiri or Bhadrachalam. Sree Rama appeared in the dreams of his devotee Pokala Dammakka and revealed his whereabouts in Bhadragiri As instructed she recovered the Idols from an anthill and built the temple with bamboo sticks. It was mentioned in Puranas that Rama along with His consort Sita and brother Lakshman stayed here for some time during their Vanavasam. The place where they stayed is marked as Parnashala which can be reached by bus and is 39 km from the temple.
Bhadrachalam Temple Seva Timings
- Antharalaya abhishekam 6:00 am to 7:00 am.
- Abhishekam(at bhadra temple) daily 7:00 am to 8:00 am
- Kesavanaamaarchana 8:30 am to 8:00 pm
- Sahasranamarchana 8:30 am to 9:30 am
- Suvarna tulasi astothara namarchana 8:30 am to 9:30 am
- Suvarna pushpa astothara namarchana 8:30 am to 9:30 am
- Sakalabhistaprada sree rama puja 8:00 am
- Nithya kalyana ubhayam 9:30 am to 11:00 am
- Rajitha rathna seva 6:30 pm
- Alaya chuttu seva 8:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- Vahana seva 8:00 pm to 8:30 pm
Visit places near Bhadrachalam
3.Sri sestharamachandra swamy temple.
4.Sree rama giri.
6.Abhaya anjaneya swamy temple.
How to reach the Temple?
By Train: The nearest railway station is at Bhadrachalam Road (Kothagudem station) which is 40 km away.
By Bus: The direct bus is available from Khammam and Vijayawada bus stations.