Srirangapatna is an ancient teertha kshetra on river Kaveri located in the Mandya district of Karnataka state. Srirangapatna is well known for shraddha rituals such as Naryanabali, Tri pinda shradh, Thila homam, and Asti visarjan performed on the banks of river Kaveri.
Moksha Narayanabali Puja:
1. Moksha narayanabali puja at srirangapatna is performed is perform for two days.
2. This ritual is performed by families to liberate the souls of their family who met an untimely death.
3. Narayan Bali puja is believed to help a person get rid of ancestral curses.
4. Narayanabali puja has to be performed when there are abnormal deaths like disease, suicide, curse, murder, snake bite, etc.
5. Naryanabali puja is also suggested to get rid of obstacles in business, health problems, education, marriage, and accidental death, and also performed to get rid of problems created by curses from mother, father, or other family members.
6. Narayanabali puja is similar to the procedures followed at a funeral, wherein an artificial human body made out of wheat flour is used. The nag Bali puja helps the souls get rid of their sins.
Who should perform Narayana Bali Puja:
1. The Narayana Bali puja should be performed by the family who wants to get success in their life and business.
2. It should be performed by someone who has problems like financial problems, education hurdles, health problems, desire to have a male child, etc.
3. These are some of the problems for which Narayan Bali puja is performed.
Benefits of performing Narayana Bali puja:
1. Narayanabali puja is performed for the liberation of the souls of the ancestors.
2. Puja is performed for seeking good health, success, and prosperity
3. Narayana Bali helps in fulfilling wishes in business and career
4. Puja is suggested for couples who have difficulties or delays in having children
5. Helps to get rid of the negative effects of pitru dosha
When should Narayan Bali puja be performed:
Narayanbali puja can be performed on these days:
1. Mahalaya pitru paksha
3. Poornima or
It can also be performed on important nakshatra days.
Narayanbali puja can be performed on any auspicious tithi.
Note: The puja should not be performed during graham days, Ekadashi, Ashtami, and Dashami.
Dress code to perform Narayana Bali Puja:
1. The person who is going to perform the Narayan Bali puja should bring new clothes to wear.
2. A male devotee wears a dhoti and a shirt. A female devotee is allowed to watch the puja rituals (saree/ chudidhar with dupatta)
Narayana Bali Puja Cost:
Narayana Bali puja cost depends on the factors.
1. Cost varies for Two Day Pooja and Three Day Pooja
2. Cost varies with additional Puja or Homa
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs)
1. Why is Narayanabali Puja performed?
This puja is performed to show reverence to one’s ancestors and seek their blessings for the well-being of the living family members. It is also believed to help the departed souls attain moksha, freeing them from the cycle of rebirth.
2. When is Narayanabali Puja typically performed?
Narayanabali Puja is often performed on specific days determined by family traditions or astrological considerations. It is commonly done on anniversaries of the death of family members or during specific Hindu religious festivals.
3. Where is Narayanabali Puja conducted?
The puja is typically conducted near a body of water, such as a river or sacred pond, as water is considered a medium to connect with ancestors. However, it can also be performed at home or in a temple.
4. Who can perform Narayanabali Puja?
Generally, any family member can perform this puja, but it is often conducted by a qualified priest who is well-versed in the rituals and mantras associated with the ceremony.
5. What are the main components of Narayanabali Puja?
The main components include offerings of cooked rice, black sesame seeds, ghee, milk, fruits, and other vegetarian dishes. Tarpana (offering of water) and chanting of specific mantras are also essential parts of the ritual.
6. Is there a specific dress code for participants in Narayanabali Puja?
There may not be a strict dress code, but it is generally recommended to wear clean and modest clothing as a sign of respect during the puja.
7. Can non-Hindus participate in Narayanabali Puja?
Participation in Narayanabali Puja is typically reserved for Hindus and those who adhere to Hindu traditions. However, non-Hindus may be allowed to observe or participate with the permission of the host family.
8. Are there any specific rules or restrictions during Narayanabali Puja?
It is essential to maintain a pure and respectful atmosphere during the puja. Silence and reverence are often observed, and attendees are expected to follow the guidance of the priest or host.
9. What is the significance of making donations during Narayanabali Puja?
Donations are considered a way to honor the ancestors and seek their blessings. It is also a way to support the priests and the needy, which is seen as a virtuous act in Hinduism.