Arulmigu Ramanathaswamy Temple Rameswaram, Timings, Darshan
As per the Legend, Lord Rama after killing Ravana installed Siva Linga here to get rid of Brahma Hatya Dosha. Lord Rama along with Sita Devi offered prayers here. This holy temple is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas. It is said that Worshipping Lord Siva here relieves us from the present Janma Sins.
Arulmigu Ramanathaswamy Temple Timings
Morning Hours: 5:00 am – 1:00 pm
Evening Hours: 3:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Spatika Linga Darshan Timings: 5:10 am – 6:00 am.
Sheegra Darshan Ticket: Rs.250 per person.
- One must take a holy bath at Agni Theertham followed by 22 wells holy bath.
- After a bath in the holy well, dress change is mandatory.
- Devotees with Wet clothes not allowed inside temple for Darshan.
- 22 wells entry ticket cost: Rs.25 per person.
- Guides are available for guidance and support. Guide charges: Rs.150 – 200.
- Auspicious days: Full moon days, Sivaratri days, Karthiga Masam.
Darshan Dress Code: Any decent outfit.
Waiting Time: 45 – 60 mins on Normal days. 2- 3 hours on special days.
Crowd high on Sat, Sun and Mondays.
Arulmigu Ramanathaswamy Temple Poojas
|Pooja Details||Ticket Cost|
|108 Kalasa Abishek||Rs1000|
|108 Sanku Abishek||Rs.1000|
|Swamy Sahasranama Archana||Rs.200|
|Ambal Sahasranama Archana||Rs.200|
The above-mentioned charges can be revised without prior notice.
How to reach Arulmigu Ramanathaswamy Temple?
- The nearest Airport is at Madurai which is 163 Km away.
- It takes 4 hours from Madurai to Rameswaram.
- The nearest Railway station is at Rameswaram which is 1.5 Km away
- The direct trains are available from all parts of the country.
- The high frequency between Madurai and Rameswaram.
- The direct bus available from Chennai, Madurai, Puducherry, Trichy and other major cities.