Ramanathaswamy Temple History, Timings, Pooja and Darshan
It is said that Aadi Sankaracharya worshipped Spatika Linga at this temple. Spatika Linga Darshan is available from 5:10 am – 6:00 am. Daily.
Special Darshan Ticket Cost: Rs.250 per person.
Spatika Linga Darshan Cost Rs.25 per person.
Ramanathaswamy Temple History
Lord Rama along Sita Devi installed Lord Siva Idol and offered prayers. Lord Rama worshipped Siva here to get rid of Brahma Hatya Dosha, Killing for Ravana who is a Brahmin.
- One must take a holy bath at Agni Theertham which opens at 5:00 am.
- Must take a holy bath in 22 wells.
- One person will be standing at each well, who pulls the water from the well for the devotees.
- Theertha Snan cost Rs.25 per person.
- The devotees can have main deity Darshan now.
- Total Duration: 45 mins – 60 mins.