Kundala Dam and Lake Timings, Entry fees, Boating, Booking
This Dam is at 1700 mt above the sea level and is 25 Km from Munnar Town. This Hydro Electric Project was built in 1946 and arch construction was of its find kind in Asia. This Dam is known as Sethuparvathipuram Dam.
Boating Timings: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. Daily.
Last trip ends by 4:30 pm. Boating may not be there on Rainy days.
Kundala Dam Boating and Activities
|Ride Type||Boat Capacity||Duration||Ticket Cost|
|Kashmin Shikkara||2||30 mins||Rs.200|
|Row Boat||4||30 mins||Rs.150|
|Pedal Boat||3||30 mins||Rs.100|
The above-mentioned charges might be revised without prior intimation.
Tourists inflow high during Nov, Dec, Jan, Apr and May months.
Best Time to visit: Sep – May.
- Must wear Seat belt before boarding boat.
- Plastic-free Zone.
- Swimming prohibited.
How to reach Kundala Dam?
- The nearest airport is at Kochi which is 131 Km away.
- The nearest Railway station is at Kochi which is 125 Km away.
- Taxi available from Munnar.
- The direct bus is available from Kochi to Munnar.
Reference Link: details