Naga Pratishta Pooja in Rameshwaram is performed to appease Nagadevata and get relief from Sarpa Dosha. Rameshwaram is one of the very powerful places to perform rituals like Nagapratistha.
• Astrologically Sarpa dosha has acquired a lot of significance as it is said to be caused due to Sarpa.
• Astrologically several interpretations are given for Sarpa Dosha. Placement of Rahu in Lagna, 2nd, 5th, 7th, or 8th house, placement of malefic planets (Rahu, Kethu, Mars, Saturn, and Sun) in three Kendra Sthanas (1, 4, 7, and 10) said to cause Sarpa dosha in general.
Naga Pratishta Procedure:
1. The pilgrims who want to perform the pooja have to reach one day of pooja.
2. The pooja will take around 2-3 hours to complete.
Poojas that are procedures in Naga Pratishta:
1. Ganapathi pooja
2. Punyaha Vachanam
3. Kalasha Pooja
4. Nava naga avanahanam
5. Lakshmi Narayana and Shiva Parvati Avahanam
6. Panchusuka parayanam
9. Abhishekam to naga shila Pratima
10. Alankaram pooja
11. Naga shila pratisthaapana
Pooja performed for Naga Prathista:
1. The childless couple performs this pooja
2. To avoid frequent miscarriages
3. To avoid disputes in the family
4. To avoid financial loss
5. For career growth
6. To avoid health issues
7. For business growth
8. For uninterrupted studies
Naga pratishta pooja benefits:
There are a lot of benefits for the pooja. The pooja is simply related to any sarpadosha. If the person has any :
• Business issues
• Personal issues
• Relationship issues
• Money issues
• Health issues
• Pregnancy issues and any other issues
These issues can be cleared by performing this pooja at the temple.
For men: white pancha, dhoti/ For women: saree, Punjabi dress, chudidhar.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
1. What is the significance of Nagas in Hinduism?
Nagas are serpent deities often associated with water bodies and fertility. They are believed to have protective and auspicious qualities, and their worship is prevalent in many Hindu traditions.
2. Is Naga Prathista a regular occurrence at Rameswaram Temple?
Naga Prathista is not a daily ritual but is performed at specific times determined by temple authorities and traditions. The frequency of the ceremony may vary.
3. Can anyone participate in the Naga Prathista ceremony?
Devotees and visitors are usually welcome to witness and participate in the ceremony by making offerings and prayers. However, it’s essential to respect temple customs and guidelines.
4. Are there any specific customs or dress codes to follow during Naga Prathista?
Visitors to the Rameswaram Temple are expected to dress modestly and follow temple etiquette, which may include covering the head and removing shoes before entering certain areas.
5. What benefits are associated with participating in Naga Prathista?
Devotees believe that participating in Naga Prathista brings protection, blessings, and spiritual merit. It is also seen as a way to seek relief from Naga dosha (afflictions related to the serpent deities).
6. Are there any specific prayers or mantras associated with Naga Prathista?
Yes, priests and devotees often recite specific prayers and mantras dedicated to the Nagas during the ceremony.