Tal Chhapar Sanctuary Timings, Entry fees, Tour booking
This area was declared as the wildlife sanctuary in 1966 with an area of 1334 Sq. Km and is located on the borders of Thar desert. Prior Independence this area supposed to be the hunting ground for Bikaner King.
Landscape in this sanctuary resembles Savanna grasslands.
This sanctuary inhabited by Blackbuck, Nilgai, Charusingha, Wild boar, Desert Fox, Desert Cat etc
Birds in the sanctuary are Eastern Imperial Eagle, Tawny Eagle, Short-toed Eagle, sparrow, skylark, crested lark, Ring Dove etc
It was estimated that 1600 – 1700 black bucks are available in this sanctuary
Best Time to visit: Nov-Apr.
Tal Chhapar Sanctuary Charges
|Adult entry fee||Rs.20|
|Jeep Safari||Rs.3500/ trip|
Timings: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Daily.
How to reach Tal Chhapar Sanctuary?
- The nearest airport is at Jaipur which is 223 Km away
- The nearest Railway station is at Chhapar which is 6 Km away.
- This railway station falls on the Degana-Churu-Rewari line
- The nearest Bus station is at Churu which is 85 Km away.
- This sanctuary is located on Sujangarh –
Reference Link: details