About Mahasu Peak
Mahasu Peak – History, Best Time to Visit, Entry Fee, Yak Ride, Photography, Adventures, Tariff Details, How to Reach and Online Booking
Mahasu Peak Kufri history:
Mahasu Peak is the highest peak in Kufri of Himachal Pradesh, ranging at an altitude of 2,720 meters. The views from the peak are breath taking, one can view the ranges of Kedarnath and Badrinath from this peak. This place is also popularly known for adventures like trekking, skiing, hiking. The Mule and Yak rides are popular things to do. People also love to trek this place during summers as it is not recommended to visit in monsoons as the routes are quite steep and muddy. The summers are the best time to visit as the temperature would be very favourable. Visitors could spot some snow in summers too. But in winters the place would be covered with snow.
At the top of the peak, one can take a view of the apple garden also the adventure freaks can go for zip lining, skiing. One can also get some pictures with the magnificent Himalayan yaks, rabbits and also with the local Himachali costume.
Best Time to Visit: March to Novembers / Summers
Mahasu Peak Tariff Entry Fee:
- Entry Ticket – Rs 10/- per head
- Sanitary Fee – Rs 10/- per head
- Mule Ride – Rs 500/- per head
- Telescope View at the Peak – Rs 200/- per head
- Apple farm Entry Ticket – Rs 500/- per head
- Photograph / Picture with yak – Rs 50/- per Click
- Himachal Costume for Rent – Rs 100/-
- Snow Boots for Rent – Rs 100/- per pair
- Note: Prices may Vary depending on the season.
- Zip Lining
- Yak Ride
- Views of Badrinath and kedarnath peaks
- Horse/Mule/ Yak Riding.
Top Things to Do in Shimla:
Location: Kufri, Shimla district, Himachal Pradesh, India.
- For booking or for more details contact @ +91 85000 85151 Tripnetra Himachal Pradesh Tourism Desk
How to Reach Mahasu Peak Kufri?
Jubbarbhatti Airport is the nearest Airport which is 20 km away from Shimla.
By Railway Station:
Shimla Railway Station is the nearest railway station which is 11 km away from Kufri.
Regular Buses/Private vehicles ply from Shimla to Kufri.
Reference: Top Places To Visit In Shimla