Kedartal Trek Date and Timings, Tour details, Booking
Kedartal Trek is one of the difficult treks of the Himachal region. Though difficult it is a pretty interesting thing to do at least once in a lifetime. On this trek, one has to climb the beautiful glacial Kedartal lake. On this trek, one can get the view of the greatest mounts Gangotri, Bhrigupanth, Manda Parvat and Thalaysagar. On this trek, the base camp is arranged at Gangotri. The beautiful Ganga river flowing through the lanes of the city admires
Itinerary for Kedartal Trek
- Start (Drive) from Gangotri or Dharali.
- The altitude ranges at 10,055 ft
- Distance is about 205 km
- Duration of 10 to 12 hours’ drive from Dehradun
- Base Camp at Gangotri.
- Trek from Gangotri covers the Dharali Village, Uttarkashi, Harsil town (55 km before Gangotri) and the sacred river Ganga.
- Reach Gangotri rest at the Base Camp and get acclimatize for trekking
- The altitude ranges from 10,055 ft to 11,000 ft.
- Duration is 1 Day, can explore and rest at Gangotri
- Trek from Gangotri to Bhojkharak
- The altitude ranges from 8.300 ft 10,055 ft (Driving) and 12,450 ft (Trekking)
- Duration is about 5 to 6 hours for trekking and 1 hour for driving.
- Distance is about 6.5 km
- On this trek one spider war, narrow paths.
- Campsite at Bhoj Kharak
- Note: Carry Food & Water as no such sources are available at this zone.
- Trek from Bhoj Kharak to Kedar Kharak
- The altitude ranges from 12,401 ft to 14,000 ft.
- Duration is about 5 to 6 hours
- Distance is about 5 km
- This is the smallest trek than the previous day
- This zone gives a beautiful view of Bhoj forest, tree lines, bharal (blue Sheep), goral, Himalayan black bear, variety of birds, different colored flora..etc.
- Trek back from Kedar Kharak to Kedar Tal and return back to Kedar Kharak
- Altitude is about 14,000 ft to 16,116 ft and back to 14,000 ft.
- Duration of 9 to 10 hours
- Distance 8 km
- Note: Carry Water and some Snacks as no such sources are available
- Head back to Kedar Kharak to Gangotri
- The altitude is about 14,000 ft to 10,055 ft.
- Duration of 7 to 8 hours
- Distance is about 11 km
- Return to Dehradun
28 to 32 km Trek
Time Taken to Trek:
7 Dyas Trek Duration
Note: If the weather is bad one has to go through the Buffer Day (Also the respective tariff to be paid if not your amount will be refund back from the trek leader)
Note: Carry Food & Snacks to avoid hunger as limited stalls are available in the area.
Trekking Charges: Rs 14,500/- per head (Approx.)
Best Time to Visit:July to August
How to Reach Kedartal Trek Himachal?
Jolly Grant Airport is the nearest Airport which is 225 km away.
By Railway Station:
The Nearest Railway Station is at Rishikesh which is 280 km away.
Regular Buses ply from Dehradun to Gangotri.
Reference Link: details