Shree Govindajee Temple
Shree Govindajee Temple Timings, Opening, Darshan, entry fees
Shree Govindajee Temple Timings
|All Days Of The Week
Morning: 5.30 am to 1.00 pm
Evening: 4.00 pm to 8.30 pm
Shree Govindajee Temple Address :
|Wangkhei Keithel Ashangbi,
Imphal East 795005 Manipur,
Shree Govindajee Temple RITUALS :
- POOJA & AARTI TIMINGS :
|All Days Of The Week
Morning: 6 am
Evening: 7 pm
Shree Govindajee Temple FESTIVALS :
|Kang (Rathayatra)||June or July ( Meitei calendar)|
- KANG (RATHAYATRA):
- The Hindu festive “Rathayatra” is known as Kang in Manipuri.
- The Cart or Rath is called as Kang in Manipuri.
- The Kang is celebrated in the month of June or July.
- The festival is celebrated for 10 days.
- During the beginning and at the end days of the festive the idols of Shri Jaganatha, Shri Balarama and Goddess Subhadra are taken out of the temple in the Rath into the town.
- The Rath or Kang is pulled by the male and female devotees.
- The Kang is 20 feet high with 6 huge iron wheels decorated beautifully with flowers.
- During the Kang festive devotees offer flowers and fruits. Also, devotees dedicate songs and dances to the deities in the car(Rath).
- At the end, the priests distribute Kshechiri (Prasad) to the devotees.
- The devotees believe that whoever pulls the Kang, they will fetch freedom from illness and various dreadful diseases.
- HOLI (DOLJATRA OR YAOSONG) :
- The Holi festive locally called Yaosong in Manipur.
- It is celebrated for 5 days in the Spring season and the idols of the deities are brought out into the premises and celebrate Holi as if like celebrating together with the deities.
- The festive starts on the full moon day of Lamda month (Feb – March).
- On 1st day followed by nakatheng (monetary donations) by local kids.
- On the 2nd-day local band, groups perform dances and sankeertanas in the temple.
- On 2nd & 3rd days nakatheng by young girls. These girls block the road with ropes and collect money which makes a fun environment all around.
- On 4th & 5th day have fun by playing with colours and also splashing water on one another.
- The speciality is Sports are conducted all the festive season sports beginning from balloon bursting to races and Kho- Kho..etc. All age groups, all genders participate in games.
- RAS LEELA :
- Ras Leela is a dance form of Manipur held during the Holi festival.
- The performances related to Lord Krishna and his consort Radha will be performed magnificently.
- The dances will be carried out until the late nights during this festive.
- The dancers wear a typical skirts or outfit (This was the outfit that the Lord himself wore and appeared in the dreams of Jai Singh).
- During all these festive the idols of the deities taken out for the procession.
TRAVELLING FACILITIES :
|BY Air :
· Tulihal Airport – 6 km
|By Train :
· Noney Railway Station – 63 km
| By Road :
· Imphal Bus Stand – 3 km