Mukta Top Trek, Opening Dates, Entry fees, Tour charges, Booking
It is one of the unique hidden gems of Uttarakhand, where once in a while people have to trek in their lifetime. One can also spot some unique beauties like the snow fall, bird watching, spectacular weather, forest views and much more to explore on this trail. The trek starts at a lower altitude, unlike the other Himalayan treks. It takes about six days to trek to the beautiful region.
Rs 9,500/- per head (Approx.)
Note: Prices may fluctuate depending on Season
Itinerary for Mukta Top Trek
Trek form Dehradun to Kuflon:
- The altitude is about 4, 600 ft.
- It takes a Duration of 7 to 8 hours
- Base Camp: (At Kuflon) Asi Ganga River (Tributary of Bhagirathi River)
- Trail Starts from Dehradun
- Trekkers will be picked up from the Dehradun Railway Station at 6.00 am; 150 km from station.
- Vehicles will be arranged by the campaign for Trekkers
- Trekkers allowed to rest for 7 to 8 hours in their tents.
- Trek covers the beautiful meadows, Asi Ganga River
- Trek from Kuflon to Shiladuni:
- Altitude: 4600 ft to 6782 ft
- Duration: 4 to 5 hours
- Distance: 4 km
- Trek starts from Kuflon which descends to a gradual hike.
- From the forest trail head to the pine trees zone (1.5 km)
- After that the trek head though the forest of rhododendrons, green oak, brown oak and maple trees.
- The trek from Kuflon to Shiladuni is perfect destination for watching variety of birds.
- After 500 meters of trek one ca spot a water stream.
- Trek from Shiladuni to Chaithathar
- Trekking Altitude is about 6782 ft to 9600 ft
- Trek towards Chaithathar, after 45 minutes of trek you will reach Kauri (Cap Site)
- Rest at Kuari, and trek for 3 km to reach Chaithathar.
- At Chaithathar, one can rest at the campsite.
- Trek from Chaithathar to Mukta Tal.
- The trek is about 4 km
- At this zone of trekking one can spot Mount Bandarpoonch, Kalanag on the right side and Nag Tibba towards left.
- Trek from Mukta Tal to Mukta Top to Kuari.
- The altitude is about 10,800ft to 11,838ft and which will gradually descends to 7,781 ft
- At Mukta Top one can spot the Siyari Tal (lake).
- At this trek one can spot the 360-degree view of Gangotri III, Jaonli, Bandarpoonch I/II, Kalanag and Nag Tibba. Etc.
- Trek back from Kuari to Kuflon and from there drive back to Dehradun.
- It takes about 4 to 5 hours to trek back to Kuflon.
- Get some rest or else one can drive back to Dehradun.
12 to 13 km Trek
Time Taken to Trek:
6 Dyas Trek Duration
Note: Carry Food & Snacks to avoid hunger as limited stalls are available in the area.
Best Time to Visit:
May to June
September to October
How to Reach Mukta Top?
Jolly Grant (Dehradun) Airport is the nearest Airport which is 295 km away.
By Railway Station:
The nearest Railway Station is at Rishikesh which is 280 km away.
Regular Buses ply from Dehradun to Kaflon.
Reference Link: details