Ranchhodraiji Temple Dakor – History, Location, Timings, Darshan Details, Festivals, Nearby Places, How to Reach, Online Booking.
The Ranchhodraiji Temple in Dakor, Gujarat, is a testament to the enduring faith and devotion of devotees who have been drawn to its divine aura for centuries. Its history is intertwined with a captivating legend that has been passed down through generations.
Ranchhodraiji Temple History:
Ranchhodraiji Maharaj Mandir situated in Dakor city resided in the Kheda district of Gujarat. The temple is one of the popular temples of Dakor. This temple is the popular pilgrimage centre also the boating facility available at the lake in front of the temple stands as the major attraction to the temple. The temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna. Devotees throng to the temple especially during the aarti to seek darshan of Lord Krishna. The temple of Lord Krishna is also popular for the various Bhog and Prasad, especially Laddu and Rasmalayi. The temple has a unique culture, where only women’s are allowed to offer food (Prasad) and flowers to the Lord.
Lord Krishna’s Leela:
One day, as Bodana was deep in meditation, Lord Krishna, known for his divine playfulness, appeared to him in a dream. In his vision, the Lord told Bodana that he was in Dwarka and desired to be in Dakor with his beloved devotee.
The Penance Begins:
Upon waking from the dream, Bodana felt a divine calling and decided to undertake a sacred penance to bring the Lord to Dakor. He started a rigorous 72-hour fasting and prayer ritual, vowing not to eat until Lord Krishna was installed in Dakor.
The Divine Arrival:
Impressed by Bodana’s devotion, Lord Krishna and his divine consort, Rukmini, manifested themselves in the form of the deity Ranchhodraiji. They traveled from Dwarka to Dakor and appeared before Bodana as he completed his penance. Overwhelmed with joy and gratitude, Bodana established the idols of Lord Ranchhodraiji and Rukmini in Dakor.
The Construction of the Temple:
News of the divine arrival and the temple’s establishment spread rapidly. Devotees from far and wide came to Dakor to offer their prayers to Lord Ranchhodraiji. To honor the Lord’s divine presence, a magnificent temple was built in Dakor, which stands as a symbol of devotion and divine grace to this day.
Ranchhodraiji Temple Timings:
|All days of the week|
|6:45 am to 12:00 Noon|
|4:00 pm to 7:30 pm|
Ranchhodraiji Temple Darshan Details:
|Mangal Darshan||6:45 am to 8:30 am|
|Bal Bhog, shringar Bhog & Gwal Bhog Darshan||9:00 am to 10:30 am|
|Rajbhog Darshan||11:30 am to 12 Noon|
|Uthapan Darshan||4:10 pm to 4:55 pm|
|Shayan Bhog Darshan||5:25 pm to 6:00 pm|
|Shakhdi Bhog Darshan||7:00 pm to 7:30 pm|
- Laddu (Prashad) Rs 10/-
Ranchhodraiji Temple Festivals:
- Sharad Purnima
- Krishna Janmotsav (Janmasthami)
- Bestu Varsh(Hindu New Year)
- Annakut Mahotsav (After New Year)
- Amali Ekadasi(Amliagiyaras)
- Tulsi Vivah
- Shree Swaminarayan Temple
- Balkrishna Lalji Haveli
- Laxmiji Temple
Places to visit near Ranchodraiji Temple Dakor:
Dakor, Gujarat, is not only famous for the Ranchhodraiji Temple but also has several other interesting places to visit nearby. Here are some notable attractions and places you can explore when visiting Dakor:
- Gomti Lake: Gomti Lake is a serene and picturesque spot located near the Ranchhodraiji Temple. It’s a great place for a leisurely walk, picnicking, and enjoying the natural beauty.
- Jalaram Temple: The Jalaram Temple in Dakor is dedicated to Saint Jalaram Bapa, a revered saint and devotee of Lord Rama. It’s a place of spiritual significance and attracts devotees seeking blessings.
- Village of Vaso: Vaso is a nearby village known for its traditional and rural charm. You can visit Vaso to experience the local culture, interact with villagers, and witness rural life in Gujarat.
- Mansarovar Lake: This beautiful lake is a short drive from Dakor and offers a peaceful environment for relaxation and contemplation. It’s an excellent spot for birdwatching and photography.
- Mansarovar Dam: Located near Mansarovar Lake, the dam is a popular place for picnics and outings. It offers scenic views and is a great place to unwind.
- Galteshwar: Galteshwar is another prominent temple located about 15 kilometers from Dakor. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is known for its intricate architecture and spiritual ambiance.
- Narayan Sarovar: Narayan Sarovar is a holy lake located around 50 kilometers from Dakor. It is considered one of the sacred pilgrimage spots in Gujarat and is known for its religious significance.
- Shri Nathji Haveli: Located in Dakor, the Shri Nathji Haveli is a beautifully constructed haveli that offers a glimpse of traditional Gujarati architecture. It’s an interesting place for architecture enthusiasts.
- Zarwani Waterfall: If you’re willing to travel a bit farther, the Zarwani Waterfall in the Shoolpaneshwar Wildlife Sanctuary, approximately 100 kilometers from Dakor, is a breathtaking natural attraction. It’s a great place for a day trip surrounded by lush greenery.
- Anand: The city of Anand, located about 30 kilometers from Dakor, is known as the “Milk Capital of India.” You can visit the Amul Dairy Museum and learn about the dairy industry, which has a significant impact on the region.
Ranchhodraiji Temple Address:
Kapad Bazar, Laxmiji Road, Dakor,
How to Reach Ranchhodraiji Temple Dakor?
Ahmedabad Airport is the nearest Airport which is 91 km away
Dakor Railway Station is the nearest Railway Station which is 1 km away
Dakor is well connected with other major cities.